More stitching..





finished another small piece of kantha embroidery this weekend.






Make-over ..


I made these crochet flowers during summer, thinking of making a throw, after I made about 30 odd flowers I changed my mind. And, the flowers were left aside until some inspiration from Pinterest;


First, I tried to glue the flowers but it did not work, they kept falling down after couple minutes. So, I sewed each flower carefully making sure not to tear the fabric of the shade, and also not to make stitches visible on outside. The plain white shade has been there for about 7 years, and I think I like it better now than before.



Thank you for stopping by,


till next time,
xoxo,
Gaia

3 comments:

  1. I also think your lampshade looks better with the colourful crochet flowers. Very charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and unique lampshade you created with the crocheted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the embroidered lady :) And the lampshade looks really sweet, especially when the light is shining through the flowers. Great idea to use up the flowers.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !