Learning to weave...


Inspiration to start this project came while browsing through Pinterest; it has so many great ideas to try.  

So, before I went ahead and spend money on a loom and may not want to continue; I made a cardboard loom for beginners
I made mine according to the instructions from www.theweavingloom.com , which has valuable tips for a beginner. I also looked at some videos from youtube too.

This is the very first  piece I tried. 

I wanted to continue on, tried to add blocks of colours.





 On the last piece, I tried to do a flower (which turned out like a maple leaf) and also how to add 'rya knots'.




So far, I like weaving ....to the next level perhaps...

~~~~~


Felt teapot brooch


I made these felt teapot brooches for my tea group 'thanksgiving' exchange. 



Happy Thanksgiving !!!

Thank you for stopping by,

till next post,

xxx
Gaia


4 comments:

  1. you have certainly taken to weaving I expect you will now buy a loom. The tea pot brooches are a delight

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to weaving. It looks like a good way to use up spare wool. Your Teapot brooches are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Gaia! I loved seeing all the teapot brooches together before they were sent to their new owners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike! I made up these same cardboard looms for my older daycare kids and we all worked away on woven pieces this summer. I couldn't stop at just one either, and have made a few. We hung ours from sticks too ;) Then we added pom poms because kids love pom poms.
    The teapot brooches are so adorable, and look great all together. You do an amazing job in all your artistic endeavours!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !