Elephants, Peacocks and Paisley

bohemian saree quilt ....

After many thousands of stitches by hand, finally my bohemian quilt is done. Even though the weather was rather gloomy today, I could not wait, but wanted to take some pictures to post.



So, what you do think of it? I don't know if I should have done more work on each block. 



 There are sixteen blocks in all,




and in one of the blocks I stitched a pattern instead of an applique.


What a feeling it was to do the last stitch. 

I wanted to edit the pictures to a collage but my computer hard drive is crashed and, I am using an old laptop which is not helping me a lot.

I am already thinking about the next saree project. 

Thank you for stopping by today,

till my next post,
Gaia







7 comments:

  1. this is a real work of art you must be thrilled with it such beautiful applique and stitching a wonderful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's GORGEOUS, Gaia! You did an awesome job! I can also picture it as a wall hanging. Hope your computer issues get resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is just amazing Gaia! I love the fabrics of saree, and all those appliqued pieces were so much work. The elephants are so cute, and I like that block of the stitched flowers ... beautiful, beautiful work! You have a great talent with the needle & thread ;) I know you must feel elated to have this completed at long last. And now another saree project?! Can't wait ;) Have a great day ... are they still calling for snow tomorrow? I hope not,

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing and creative work, Gaia. It's unique and reflects YOU! Congratulations on a project well done and finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your charming elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Congratulations on finishing. Nothing quite as satisfying as getting to the end of a project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Congratulations on finishing it. Nothing quite as satisfying as getting to the end of a project.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !