Crochet Edgings.... [learning left hand crochet]



I bought this crochet booklet from the church yard sale last weekend for 25 cents. The booklet is published around 1945 in Canada, and was sold for 15 cents !  It has many edgings one can make to decorate  handkerchiefs, household linen,lingerie etc.



I have been crocheting a little over a year now, and it is first time I tried edgings. I chose a yarn with more thread count than what the books says, so I can count the stitches without difficulty and see the pattern develop. 



I do feel that I have gained some knowledge during the past year,as I was able to read a pattern which was published quite a long time ago; it has no diagrams or any instructions for a left handed person.


I like the chunky look these edgings have, and do believe they will look pretty on the items that the book say with a modern twist.


This weekend being an extra long..... I am working on many of my creative projects.

Thank you for stopping by to take a peek at my work  :)

till next time,
xxx
Gaia

5 comments:

  1. Really lovely crochet edgings - they will great on so many projects. I love your quilted piece too - such gorgeous embroidery stitches! So much creativity going on - I'm inspired to go and do something myself - thankyou Gaia :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The edgings are pretty. I have never tried such, but I do like all the linen and other items decorated with them - it looks so feminine! You've done a great job on crocheting them.
    I'd like to see your projects in full soon :) Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty edgings, your crochet is so very neat, like the crazy block too look forward to seeing it made into a quilt maybe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaia, very beautiful edging... I always find it hard to decide on edging for my projects. This is really nice! Thanks for visiting me and leaving me kind note.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !