vintage inspired ...

tea cosy...
This flowered material was a blouse, (i could not take a picture before i cut it) that I found at a thrift store over a decade ago. Even though it was a  little too big for me, I still bought it because I loved colours and the flowers.




While sorting out the chest of drawers recently,I came upon the blouse, and since I am not wearing it, I of thought of using the material in craft projects. The first idea came to my mind was to make a tea cosy, so I went with that....



I hand stitched everything; and am quite happy with the final result.

Lets all have tea !!!

Thank you taking your time to stop by,

xxx
Gaia


4 comments:

  1. yes please mine is black with no sugar. What a very petty tea cosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this makes a beautiful tea cozy! I just finished a knitted tea cozy this weekend too. We must all be thinking the same thing ... keeping warm & cozy :) Doing a bit of catching up this morning with blogs. Have a great week Gaia, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous tea cozy!! So bright and colourful and beautifully made. Love your blue and white tea pot too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so pretty and cozy! Really a cozy cozy :) So your blouse got its second life!

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !