Cross stitch - book of needles..



Up until now my needles never had a proper place to stay; they were either pinned on a piece of cloth, or on cardboard.  I have been promising myself to make something pretty for the needles for the longest time.


I got these tiny cross stitch pattern kits maybe 6-7 years ago from a family friend. I had started one but never completed. I recently stumbled upon them while sorting out the craft box.



This time I had patience to finish it to the end. Then used it in the design for this needle case.

  
I did however make few errors while sewing, because I counted the rows incorrectly.  The instructions included are so small to read, that my eyes were hurting. Why didn't I make an enlarged copy at the beginning ?

  



Finally, my needles have a happy home now.. no more getting mixed up with the pins.

Thank you for stopping by,

Until next time,
Gaia

6 comments:

  1. a very pretty needle case, believe it or not I still use one my daughter made when at junior school, she is 40 now

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice for something so practical to be so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very feminine needle case :) My needles are stuck in the back of a small quilted square (and have been for about 20 years!) ... I too keep thinking I should make a small book to organize them. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. I have another kit to finish; probably I will make another.

      Delete
  4. Your needle case looks lovely Gaia! I have a few that I've made and enjoy using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will enjoy your needlecase very long - if you keep it for yourself. I got one of a friend - and she comes to my mind whenever i stitch into it - haha - but with love!

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !